Attention Fellow Bahamians,
The High Commission hereby informs that for those of you who experienced difficulty with the travel.gov.bs website, the problem has been solved by the D.D.T. and the Ministry of Health. A blast message was sent to everyone who got an amber color response for their application telling them to reapply. Those who got a red response will not be able to enter the country. Bahamians, the way the algorithm has been set up, will be able to come in from countries such as CARICOM and Canada where they have not been able to get a test. When they arrive in The Bahamas, they will be sent to a desk staff by National Security where they will be processed for contact tracing. So, if anybody calls you or contacts you saying that they got an amber color tell them to reapply. Please let the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Tourism know if any problems continue to be experienced. Thank you.
Bahamas Entry Criteria as of 1 July 2020
(Amended 27 June 2020)
- As of 1 July 2020, the border of The Bahamas will be open to all travellers:
- Nationals and Legal Residents
- Visitors from all countries, who meet the entry requirements
- Commercial Airlines
- Private aviation – Planes and charters
- Cruise ships
- Private ships and charters
- The requirement for a COVID-19 test is mandatory and it must not be older than ten (10) days.
- All persons are required to do the RT PCR (molecular swab) test in advance with a negative/not detected result from a laboratory that is accredited or certified by CAP (College of American Pathologists), CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments), COLA Inc, JCI (Joint Commission International) or similar accrediting/certifying body for the jurisdiction.
- All incoming visitors must present the COVID-19 RT-PCR Negative (Swab) Test results upon application for the Bahamas Health Visa and upon arrival.
- Select individuals will be exempt from testing, which includes children under the age of two (2), private pilots who do not deplane, and Bahamian citizens, residents and homeowners returning from English speaking CARICOM countries.
- Children under ten (10) should not require a test provided such test is prohibited by the departing State’s Policy and such policy should be confirmed in writing.
- In addition, Bahamian citizens and Legal Residents who have been out of The -Bahamas for less than 72 hours will not require a COVID-19 RT-PRC Test to re-enter.
- All travellers will be required to complete an electronic application to obtain a Bahamas Health Visa Card, which can be found at travel.gov.bs. An automated response will be provided upon completion. Travellers should also upload their COVID-19 test result at this same website. All travellers must have their confirmation on hand upon arrival at their destination. This is a crucial step for contact tracing purposes.
- For most travelers, no quarantine will be required upon arrival; however, travellers who show symptoms of COVID-19 will be transferred to an area away from other passengers for further evaluation. Bahamian residents who arrive in country without the appropriate test results will be required to quarantine.
- Travellers will be required to wear a face mask in any situation where it is necessary to enforce physical distancing guidelines, such as when entering and transiting air and sea terminals, while navigating security and customs screenings, at baggage claim and in public spaces.
- Returning residents of The Bahamas who are able to provide documentation from an authority (country, jurisdiction, territory, hospital, laboratory, etc) that they are unable to be tested, will be allowed to return, however, they will be placed in quarantine for 14 days. The documentation can be uploaded to travel.gov.bs or emailed to [email protected]
The Bahamas High Commission wishes to advise that persons seeking to return home that can apply for a US transit visa at the US Embassy or Consulate in their Province.
Once persons have been issued with a visa they can make reservations for the Bahamasair relief flights, from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau and Freeport which operates every Tuesday and Friday until 30th June 2020. Persons should make reservations via the Bahamasair website.
Finally, all persons seeking to return would be required to take the COVID-19 PCR test with a negative result prior to departure. The test result should be sent in advance to the Ministry of Health at [email protected] They would also be required to send their Bahamian addresses and telephone contacts to the Ministry of Health at the same email address.
Beginning Friday July 3rd, Air Canada will be flying from Toronto to Nassau every Friday in the month of July, departing at 10:05 am. Additionally, in August, Air Canada will be flying from Toronto to Nassau every Tuesday and Friday departing at 10:05 am.
Bahamasair Flight Schedule
Please see below the Bahamasair schedule from Fort Lauderdale, Florida (FLL) commencing this Friday. These flights will soon be loaded onto the Bahamasair online portal.
|Day||Flight Number||Route||Departure||Arrival (Sch US)|
|Tuesdays||UP 205||Lynden Pindling, Nassau (NAS) to Fort Lauderdale, United States (FLL)
|UP 142||Fort Lauderdale, United States(FLL), to Freeport (FPO)
|UP 322 (Domestic)||Freeport (FPO) to Lynden Pindling, Nassau (NAS)
|Fridays||UP 205||Lynden Pindling, Nassau (NAS) to Fort Lauderdale, United States (FLL)
|UP 206||Fort Lauderdale, United States(FLL), to Lynden Pindling, Nassau (NAS)
COVID-19: Repatriation Requirements
Bahamian nationals who wish to register for repatriation please follow the instructions in the link below:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Issue Date
- Expiry Date
- Address in Canada
- Phone/Email Contact
- Address in The Bahamas
- Name of University (If applicable)
- COVID-19 Test Date and Results
COVID-19 Emergency Funds’ Requirements
Bahamian nationals who are in distress in Canada due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and who wish to apply for emergency funds please send the following information to [email protected]:
- Formal letter of request
- Copy of passport
- Letter of enrollment
- Letter from University stating when the dorms will close
- Copy of study permit
- Copy of rental lease agreement (if applicable)
- Copy of return ticket
- Medical prescription (if applicable)
- Formal letter of request
- Copy of passport
- Copy of return ticket
- Cancelled Hotel bill
Ministry of Health Registration Form and Consent Form
For all travelers to and within The Bahamas the Ministry of Health requires that these forms be completed prior to travel and sent to [email protected] Additionally, please be reminded that COVID 19 Test results and address information in The Bahamas should be sent in advance to the same email address.
PRESS RELEASE: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Nassau, The Bahamas 19 May 2020
Repatriation Flights Of 21 and 23 May 2020
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to refer to its press release of 18 May 2020.
For those who are booked on the upcoming repatriation flights, the Ministry wishes to emphasise the following:
Please send as a matter of urgency your COVID 19 negative test result to the Ministry of Health at and to Bahamasair at [email protected]
Should you wish to quarantine at home, it is imperative that you also send to the Ministry of Health at the aforementioned email address, your contact and address details in The Bahamas. This will permit the Ministry of Health to visit your home and determine in advance if you can self quarantine.
If the visit cannot be done in advance, you will be placed in a government quarantine facility.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will continue to keep the general public informed of developments in this matter.
– end –
Important Information for Bahamian Nationals and Residents on the Repatriation flights of 21 and 23 May
- Send urgently your COVID 19 negative test result to The Ministry of Health at [email protected] and to Bahamasair at [email protected]
- Should you wish to quarantine at home, it is imperative that you also send to the Ministry of Health at the aforementioned email address, your contact and address details in The Bahamas so that Health can visit your home and determine in advance if you can self quarantine.
- If the visit cannot be done in advance, you will be placed in a government quarantine facility.