FAILURE TO SUBMIT THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS AND/OR FEES IN U.S. CURRENCY WILL RESULT IN DELAYS AND/OR RETURN OF YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE MET.
- For a listing of who needs a visa to enter The Bahamas please check this Bahamas Government website: http://www.mfabahamas.org/visapage.htm. Do not, however, use the visa application from the website; use only the form found below.
- Kindly note that The Bahamas High Commission requires an ORIGINAL passport to process your visa application.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ATTACHED APPLICATION FORM AND FORWARD TO THE BAHAMAS HIGH COMMISSION TOGETHER WITH THE FOLLOWING:
1. DIPLOMATIC NOTE: Diplomat or foreign officials are asked to submit their requests for a visa in the form of a Note Verbale. Be sure the note gives the following information:
- The name(s) of the traveller(s).
- The date of departure from Canada.
- The reason for the journey.
- The date of return to Canada.
If a Note Verbale is not given the applicant must submit the following additional documents:
- CONSULAR FEE: A consular fee of U.S.$55.00. The application fee has to be the EXACT amount and only in U.S. dollars in the form of a bank cheque, a bank money order or a postal money order, made payable to The Bahamas High Commission. The Bahamas High Commission will NOT accept Canadian currency, cash, personal or business cheques.
- PROOF OF RETURN: A confirmed airline itinerary in the applicant’s name. You must submit your Original Diplomatic or Official passport with your application. The expiry date of the passport must be not be under 6 months after returning from The Bahamas.
2. ORIGINAL PASSPORT: You must provide proof of your official status in Canada with an Official (Diplomatic) Acceptance from Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade. The expiry date of the Acceptance should not be less than 6 months after returning from The Bahamas.
3. PROOF OF CANADIAN STATUS: You must submit your original diplomatic or official passport. The expiry date of the passport must not be less that 6 months after returning from The Bahamas.
4. OTHER VISAS: You must find out if you need a visa to enter or transit other countries (such as the USA) on the way to and from The Bahamas. Should visas be required, you must acquire them before submitting your application to The Bahamas High Commission. The expiry date of the visas should be at least 6 months valid from the return date from The Bahamas.
5. COLOUR PHOTOGRAPH: One passport-size photograph, taken within a year of the application. The picture frame should not be larger than 2.5”X2” (6.35cmX 5.08cm) in size.
6. COURIER WAYBILL: A pre-paid courier waybill with envelope to return your document(s) to the applicant(s). Please contact The High Commission to be informed about which courier companies are acceptable.
Once ALL of the requested items have been submitted, it will take the High Commission at least 5 working days to process a visa. Please note that this does not include the courier delivery time.